Company Wizard

Changing a Company's Name

Companies Act 2006 Compliant

You can change the registered name of a private limited company directly with Companies House by filing the correct notice and a Special Resolution. To change a company name you will need to complete Companies House form NM01. To complete form NM01 you will be asked to provide the following information:
  • Company number
  • Original company name
  • New company name
  • Special Resolution
  • Authorising signature(s)

There is a fee of £10 payable to Companies House in order to file form NM01. You can obtain this form using the link below.

Companies House form NM01

Please ensure you check the availability of the new company name before you send the resolution to Companies House. You can check availability of a company name using the Companies House WebCheck facility.

When completed the form should be delivered to the following address:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Other Secretarial Procedures